Follow these simple steps for a safe and successful experience:
Use the Send a message’ button for your safety and privacy. Don’t reply to ads with email addresses in the ad or pictures, some scammers have put the contact details in the wrong place, to try and avoid being blocked from Joufiju. Always use Joufiju Anonymised reply.
Meet up to see the item in person. Make sure you are completely happy with the item before handing over any money. Although we do not recommend paying for an item you haven’t seen, if you are planning to do this, please use a secure payment method.
For your personal safety, meet in a ‘lighted’ public place and always take someone with you, or at least tell a friend where you’re going.
Never carry large sums of money with you. If you’re looking to buy something expensive, we recommend that you meet with the seller to view the item first. If you are happy to proceed with the purchase, either go to the bank with the seller or arrange to meet somewhere safe to pay.
Be aware of Warning signs and if in doubt about a seller either Contact Us for advice and stop correspondence with them and find another buyer / seller on Joufiju.
Listen to your intuition. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Do your homework on companies. If you are purchasing goods or services from registered companies (e.g. telecommunication companies) please make sure you check the registered status before handing over any monies.
When meeting up on Joufiju it is important to BE SAFE so we’ve listed a few tips below.
– If someone is coming to your home please make sure you have a partner, friend or family member with you.
– If you are meeting up, please make sure it is in a well-lit, public place and take someone with you.
– If you are meeting the buyer alone, keep your phone with you and let someone know where you’re going.
– Don’t carry large sums of cash – instead agree a price in person and then find the nearest safest place to get and provide the money.
– Always ask questions when discussing the item/service. This is perfectly normal and ensures that everyone is treated fairly.
– Don’t worry about saying no and trying again with a new buyer/seller; if it sounds/looks too good to be true, it normally is.